THE CHALLENGE: Put your pencil down anywhere and without picking it up, can you touch all of the dots in 4 straight lines?
- You cannot pick up the pencil once you put it on the paper
- You have to hit all of the dots
- 4 straight lines only, which means once you ‘turn a corner’ you are starting a second line, etc. So, another way to say it is: ‘you only get 4 turns of your pencil’.
- No curvy lines, they have to be straight
- Avoid the temptation to try to find a solution on the internet
- Ask friends and family members
- You can download this sheet or just draw your own nine dots in a school notebook, you WILL need to keep thinking, no one has ever done it on the first time
- The ‘title’ is kind of a hint
Did You Solve It? Do You Need the Solution?
Want More Challenges? Tell Me!
Send an email to the Extension Positive Youth Development Educator, Ron Jakubisin to Ron.Jakubisin@wisc.edu