Fond du Lac County 4-H Events
November 6, 2021
4-H invites you and your family to participate in this event filled with art!
Everybody has a skill, a talent, an interest, or a special quality that they are passionate about. We call these things SPARKS. They provide joy, purpose, and direction. You guessed it this year’s theme is “Find your SPARKS!” Draw, paint, photograph, or create art that brings you joy, purpose, and passion!
New this year we are offering a traveling exhibition opportunity for youth to have their art showcased in the three counties. Selections will be based on youth’s permission, space available, and connection to the theme. Details if selected will be communicated later.
All 4-H members in the clothing, crocheting, knitting, Cloverbud, and Exploring projects are invited to participate in the upcoming statewide Fashion Revue.
Watch for 2022 date
Fond du Lac County Fairgrounds, Cow Palace
All youth in the poultry, rabbit, and cavy (guinea pig) projects are invited to attend.
Watch for details in the 4-H newsletter
Bacon Foods Revue
When: Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Where: Marian University Stayer Center, 45 S. National Ave., FdL
5:00 – 6:00 pm check-in and set up
6:00 – 7:30 pm Judging and Awards
7:30 – Plant Identification results and comments
1. Cloverbud – Grades K-2
2. Grades 3-5
3. Grades 6-8
4. Grades 9-13
A little information on the Foods Revue for members: The youth will make a food item from the category listed below using the apple theme. Youth will set one place setting, to include a recipe card for the item made, placemat or tablecloth, and centerpiece.
Categories: Appetizer, Soup, Salad, Entrée, Dessert, Challenge Dish Ingredients TBD
1. DO NOT bring Food Revue entries to the fair.
2. Any member can make one food entry, one photography entry, and one centerpiece entry in the Foods Revue.
3. Open to ALL youth in our community and 4-H members enrolled in any project.
4. Foods Revue displays shall consist of the food(s), the recipe on a 3”x 5” or 4” x 6” card, a place setting, a placemat or tablecloth, and a centerpiece.
5. Each participant is expected to answer questions pertaining to the project work.
6. Participants may use 4-H project books, favorite family recipes, or recipes from other sources.
7. Garnishes are acceptable and encouraged for all entries.
8. Cloverbuds will receive ribbons; all others will receive premiums and ribbons. Premiums will be on your fair checks that are distributed after the fair. Additional prizes may be also presented as determined by the Foods Revue Committee. Remember to enter this item when you do your online fair entry.
9. All entries must follow the 2021 theme and contain apples in the recipe.
10. All participants are asked to bring at least 25 sample-size portions of their recipe to serve during the Taste of Fond du Lac 4-H portion of the evening. Covers will be available if participants want to take samples home.
August 22, 2021 Leader Banquet & Adult Leader Meeting are being held together at Lakeside Park Deneveu Shelter on the corner of Winnebago Drive & Harbor View Drive 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
Travel information for these trips: Wisconsin 4-H & Youth Conference, Citizenship Washington Focus, National 4-H Congress, National 4-H Conference, American Spirit Experience and New Horizons.
|4-H Adult Leader Food Stand
at Fond du Lac County Fair
|4-H Teen Leader Food Stand
at Fond du Lac County Fair
|4-H Silent Auction||