Diana Hammer and Noah Reif are our Community Resource Development Educator.
We provide educational information and process support for productively making decisions in your local government, business, non-profit, or community group.
We research and respond to needs in the areas of entrepreneurship, workforce development and inclusion, energy use/sustainability/extreme weather events, outdoor air quality, local government, radon prevention, hazardous waste disposal, and well water quality.
Our work is guided by the priorities of local government officials, business leaders, and residents in Fond du Lac County. Please let us know how Extension can work with you.
Diana habla inglés y español. Línea directa: 920/929-3178.
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp Cohort 4 is in progress with 8 EITs meeting in Milwaukee on Wednesday evenings and online Saturday mornings. Diana taught two classes recently about meaningful apologies, the power of a promise, and time management. In addition, 3 EIT alumni joined the group to share about their experiences and encourage them. People with criminal […]
- COVID-19 Update: In keeping with the spirit of “Safer at Home”, the Water and Environmental Analysis Lab has implemented a limited sample acceptance policy. As the situation with COVID-19 is continually evolving, we ask that you contact the lab prior to submitting a water sample. Contact by phone or email: 715-346-3209 | Water.and.Environmental.Analysis.Lab@uwsp.edu The UWSP campus […]
- Area Grants and Deadlines Before you apply check out this free class on grant writing: https://lo.library.wisc.edu/grants/ Brewers Community Foundation Not accepting grant applications at this time. Forward Community Investments 2021 Nonprofit Capacity Building Grant Fund – Current round is closed. Fondy 100 Gives Applications must be received three weeks ahead […]
- ***BEFORE TAKING THESE STEPS, it is important to think about whether incorporating as a nonprofit is the best choice in your group’s situation. For example, there are times when working with another fiscal agent, collaborating with an existing organization, or remaining an informal group are better options. Extension staff can talk with you and work […]
- Educational Materials for Non-profit Boards Available as free PDF downloads from BoardSource Board Dynamics and Processes – FAQs Board Meetings – FAQs Board Leadership Board Action Calendar (legal documents that need to be filed and other recommended annual processes) Fiduciary Responsibilities of board members Board Orientation Common Board Shortcomings (top 10 list of mistakes boards […]
- Intentionally preparing for the departure of executive directors, board members, and staff is a key way to maintain stability in organizations of any size. As high quality personnel and volunteers rotate through terms, quit, or retire, organizations with succession plans are able to maintain high levels of performance and continuity. In this workshop for non-profits […]