Food Safety & Preservation Links
- Food Safety & Health Information
- Food Storage in the Home
- USDA Food Recalls
- Think Safety When Buying and Handling Fresh Produce – During summer and fall, garden baskets, market stands and grocery shelves fill with fresh fruits and vegetables. Fruits & vegetables are recognized as important components of a healthy diet. But because they are grown in a natural environment, they can become contaminated with harmful pathogens from soil or water, from animals or when un-composted manure is used as fertilizer.
- Food Preservation – Equipment & Supplies: This information is provided as a courtesy so that consumers can access food preservation resources and supplies. The offering of this information does not constitute an official endorusement or approval by UW-Extension of any specific product or service to the exclusion of other similar products.
- 5 Tips for a Successful Home Canning Season
- Farmers Market Canning Booth and Food Preservation Classes – July to October 2016