Town of Ripon residents and residents of nearby municipalities are invited to test their well water through a voluntary program sponsored by Fond du Lac County UW-Extension and the Town of Ripon.
This is not a mandatory program nor is it a regulatory program. This is an opportunity for you to learn about the quality of your own home well water and what you can do to reduce the chances of contamination.
- Pick Up Bottles & Pay for Packages of Your Choice: Friday, March 11, 4-6pm; Saturday, March 12, 10am-12pm
- Return Sample: Monday, March 14, 6:30-9am, 4-7pm
- Presentation about Results: Wednesday, April 13, 6:30-8pm
All events will take place at the Town of Ripon Hall, N8191 Douglas St., Ripon. There is a limited quantity of sample bottles which will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. Payment can be made in cash or check made out to “UW-Extension.”
Participants can choose 1, 2, or 3 of the following sampling options:
- Homeowner’s Package, $42 – Tests for Coliform bacteria, Nitrate, Chloride, pH, Alkalinity, Conductivity, Hardness, & Saturation index.
- Metals Package, $42 – Tests for Arsenic, Lead, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Sulfate, Sodium, Potassium.
- Triazine Screen, $27 – Tests for components of Atrazine, a commonly used corn herbicide.
- All 3 of the above options, $103.
Bulletin for Town of Ripon Residents (PDF, 4pgs, 745 KB)
Sampling Program Press Release (PDF, 2 pgs, 479 KB)
With questions, contact Diana.Tscheschlok@ces.uwex.edu or 920/748-7565.