December 17th, 2021
11:00am - 12:00pm
What makes for a fair, robust, and resilient ag or farm lease agreement? The first half of this web meeting will include an example dialog between land/farm owner and renter as they negotiate the specific details of a lease agreement, highlighting important resources, tools, and considerations to inform a resilient and robust agreement that serves both parties.
The second half of the webinar will offer a discussion of specific leasing topics.
- Leasing Buildings/Facilities – Katie Wantoch Dunn County Agriculture Educator, UW-Madison Division of Extension
- Flexible vs Cash Leases – Scott Reuss, Marinette County Agriculture Educator, and Josh Kamps, Lafayette County Agriculture Educator, UW-Madison Division of Extension
- Pasture Leases including grazing of cornstalks – Carolyn Ihde Crawford and Richland County Agriculture Educator and Bill Halfman, Monroe County Agriculture Educator, UW-Madison Division of Extension.
- Small acreage and long-term investments on leased land – Erin Schneider, Farmland Access Navigator, Renewing the Countryside and Kaitlyn Davis, La Crosse County Agriculture Educator, UW Madison Division of Extension
Learn the most up-to-date information on topics from dairy and livestock production to forage and farm management resources from Extension experts. See the full list of topics at go.wisc.edu/frr2021. Choose the sessions that are applicable to your farm:
- Badger Dairy Insight: Bi-weekly, Tuesdays, 1:00 pm
- Farm Management Fridays: Bi-weekly, 11:00 am
- Focus on Forage: Wednesdays, 12:30 pm
- Small Ruminants: Monthly, Second Tuesday, 7:30 pm