City of Fond du Lac Residents ONLY

Residents of the City of Fond du Lac have the option of taking the following items to the City Garage, 530 Doty Street in Fond du Lac.  Proof of residence is required.  Questions can be directed to 920-322-3544.


  1. Where is the yard waste drop-off located?
    The drop-off site is located on the north side of the City Garage on Doty Street. This site may be used by city residents for dropping off grass clippings, leaves, garden waste, small twigs, brush, and hedge trimmings. This site is open year round.
  2. How do I dispose of brush from trees and bushes?
    Curbside brush collection has been discontinued in the City of Fond du Lac. Brush should be brought to the Municipal Service Center and stacked on the south end of the yard waste drop-off site. The drop off site is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  3. How do I dispose of oil-based paint, latex paint and motor oil?
    During regular hours (7:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.) these items may be brought to the drop-off site on the north side of the City Garage (follow the signs). Containers up to five gallons are acceptable – paint containers over five gallons will not be accepted. A drop off area is also provided for the collection of used oil, oil based paint, gasoline, anti-freeze, and fluorescent lights. Latex paint should not be brought to the drop off site but may be disposed of at home by diluting and pouring down a drain. An alternative disposal option is to use a drying agent, such as kitty litter or oil dry to absorb the liquid, then placing the absorbed material into a garbage bag and into your garbage container. The empty paint can may be disposed of in your garbage container.
  4. How do I dispose of bulky waste items?
    Various bulk household items can be taken to drop off at the Municipal Service Center – 530 Doty Street for $20.00 per load fee. Items NOT accepted at this location is construction, remodeling, or demolition trash or freon containing units, fluorescent light bulbs and ballasts, soil, stone, concrete, electronics, or move out debris. Bulk household items may also be taken to the Waste Management Center, tipping fees will apply.
  5. How do I dispose of electronic devices such as computers, monitors, televisions, etc. now that the State of Wisconsin has passed the Electronics Waste Recycling Bill?
    The City of Fond du Lac can no longer accepts these items at the bulky waste site. More information on electronics recycling and/or disposal.

Above information from:   Municipal Service Center

Support Extension