FoodWIse is excited to launch the release of quick tip videos, which are 30 seconds – 1 minute ‘how to’ videos on healthy drinks, healthy snacking, storing leftovers safely, understanding packaging dates, and remixing meals. The media is in English, Spanish, and Hmong and available via video, podcast or print. To view the videos, click on the blue links below.
- Healthy Drinks Video (NEW): English, Spanish, Hmong
- Healthy Snacking Video (NEW): English, Spanish, Hmong
- Leftovers Video (NEW): English, Spanish, Hmong
- Packaging Dates (NEW): English, Spanish, Hmong
- No print or podcast yet (planned for future)
- Remixing Meals (incorporating food groups) (NEW): English, Spanish,Hmong
FoodWIse uses evidence-based programs and curricula to provide nutrition education to families and individuals across the life span that may be eligible for or participating in FoodShare (or food stamps.) FoodWIse offers three main areas of expertise: basic nutrition, food budgeting, and food safety. In addition, FoodWIse addresses obesity, health, poverty, and hunger by working with community partners to make larger scale changes in the local community through policy, systems, and environmental change. To learn more about the impact and to view snapshots of the Fond du Lac County Junior Master Gardeners (in the garden in blue t-shirts), click on: “About FoodWIse” – FoodWIse Program Impact Video