Fond du Lac County has many individually operated food pantries, hot meal programs, and food assistance programs. This webpage is a hub of information and resources provided by the Fond du Lac Food Providers Group to support our county in getting residents connected to healthy food during this time.
This webpage is updated daily as new information and resources become available. For a half-sheet paper version of this resource to distribute at your site, go to: QR Code Half-Sheet
Fond du Lac Food Pantries/Hot Meal Programs:
Brandon Food Pantry is open to Rosendale/Brandon School District residents only. Open 3rd Wednesday of each month, 1:30-4:30pm for pick-up. Please do not get out of your vehicle, they will bring food to you. Contact: (920) 273-9196
Broken Bread is handing out pre-packaged boxes. Contact: (920) 921-3363 ext. 6
Church of Peace Food Pantry is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 10am-12pm. Contact: (920) 921-8215
CORE Ambassadors For Change is distributing food on an individual basis. Call to arrange. Contact: (920) 238-0793
Fondy Food Pantry is open Monday from 3:30-5:30, Tuesday from 11am-1pm, and Thursday from 3:30-5:30pm. They are providing drive up food boxes. Contact: (920) 322-0369
Holy Family Catholic Community’s Meal-to-Go program (Blessed Bites) is serving to-go meals every Monday from 4:30-5:30 at St. Mary Church. Contact: (920) 921-0580.
*UPDATE*– Free Thanksgiving meal for pick-up or delivery for those in the Fond du Lac community on Wednesday, November 25th. Pick-up from 12-2 pm or 4-6 pm at Holy Family Church located at 271 Fourth Street Way, Fond du Lac. Delivery beginning after 12 pm. Meals must be reserved by Monday, November 16th by calling (920) 921-0580. When reserving, please specify how many meals you need, if you would like delivery or pick-up, and if picking up, what time you will do so. Need is not a requirement to reserve a meal. All are welcome. People interested in volunteering or making a monetary donation are asked to call the number above. DEADLINE HAS BEEN REACHED
Holyland Food Pantry is open the 3rd Friday of each month offering curbside pickup. Please call prior to your visit (requested but not required). Emergency “Grab-and-go” food is also available 24/7, located in the ‘little library’ attached to its ramp. Contact: (920) 286-1333
Lighthouse Christian Church Food Pantry is open Tuesday and Thursday, 10am-2pm. Must call ahead to make an appointment. Fresh bread and bakery is available in the front lobby on days the pantry is open. This is available to anyone and an appointment is not needed. Contact: (920) 921-3477
Loaves and Fishes is not serving at this time.
Lomira Area Food Pantry is open 2nd and 4th Saturday each month from 10-11am, drive-up only. Contact: (920) 979-3041
Oakfield Area Food Pantry is open to residents of Oakfield School District. Open 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month from 4-6pm. Pick-up boxes are available. Please call prior to pick-up. Contact: (920) 948-0393
Ripon Community Dinner is holding drive through community dinners on the last Tuesday of every month from 5:30-6:30 pm. Dinners will be pre-boxed meals that include a sandwich, chips, drink, cookie, and pickle.
Ripon Food Pantry is open to Ripon area residents only. Open Monday-Thursday from 9-11, pick up available. Call prior to visit. Contact: (920) 748-3196
Ruby’s Pantry *UPDATE*- “Due to the recent COVID outbreak in Fond du Lac, we have decided it best for the safety of our coordinators, team of volunteers, and guests to cancel our November 12th distribution. We hope to see you again in December. We pray you and your families stay safe and healthy. – The Fond du Lac Ruby’s Pantry Team.” For important and specific details on how the pantry will operate, visit the pantry’s Facebook page or the church website.
Salvation Army is offering “drive up” service to those eligible. Hours are Monday-Friday 9-12:30. Contact: (920) 923-8220
*UPDATE*– Christmas Assistance Application is online. Scroll through the main photos to select the one labeled “here to provide holiday cheer.” Select the correct request form, complete and submit. Families that submitted a coat request earlier this season also completed their Christmas request at that time. If there is a barrier preventing you from completing the application online, please call the office at (920) 923-8220. Si necesita un intérprete que lo ayude a completar este formulario, llame al (920) 923-8220 x. 108 y programe una hora para recibir ayuda. Follow the Salvation Army Facebook page for more information.
St. Matthew’s Food Pantry is open by appointment only. Call the pantry to arrange food pick-up. Contact: (920) 602-3607
Stone Soup is offering a free meal every Saturday from 12-2 pm. Contact: (920) 238-0793
The Sharing Table is not serving at this time.
Traded Treasures Food Pantry is open Monday 10 am- 3 pm, drive-up only. Contact: (920) 748-5756
Waupun Food Pantry is open Monday-Thursday 9-3 to Waupun residents only. Call to schedule a pick-up. Contact: (920) 324-4000
We Care Food Pantry is open Monday-Wednesday 9 am-2 pm, curbside pick-up. Must call prior to visit. Contact: (920) 923-5292
Fond du Lac County Senior Meal Information
- Provides a noon hot meal delivered Monday through Friday
- Any person 60 and over or married to someone who is 60+
- Cannot cook for themselves or have someone at home to cook for
- Suggested donation of $3.50 per meal
- To cancel a meal call (920) 929-3937 by 1:00 pm the day prior to the canceled meal
- Contact the Department of Senior Services at 920-929-3937 for more information
Ripon Senior Activity Center Ripon Seniors 62 + that wish for help with grocery shopping or food delivery can call the Ripon Senior Activity Center (920-748-6540) and leave a message.
Senior Drive-up Meal If you are over the age of 60 and live in FDL County, you can participate in the “DRIVE UP” version of the Senior Dining Program. Call (920) 322-3630 to reserve your meal! Call by noon for the next day! (It is suggested to sign up for multiple days at once.) Pick up meal at Fond du Lac Senior Center, 151 E 1st St, Fond du Lac, 11:30-12 Mon-Fri. Cost – Suggested donation of $3.00. A family member or friend can pick up for you.
My Meal, My Way Senior Meal Program Department of Senior Services and Boda’s Restaurant, 277 S. Pioneer Rd., Fond du Lac. TAKE-OUT. For folks 60+ years of age. $3.00 suggested donation. Monday – Friday. 10:30 am – 11:45 am. Poorman’s Lobster, waffles with strawberries, and more! To register, call (920) 929-3937 the day before by 12:00 noon.
Stock Box The commodity supplemental food program provides a box of supplementary food to low-income seniors every month.
Families with Children
Fond du Lac County WIC If you are experiencing a decrease in income during the COVID-19 crisis and you find yourself struggling financially, WIC can help. If you’re a parent, caregiver or foster parent and you have children 5 years of age and under, you may qualify for WIC benefits. Find more information and to apply here.
Pandemic EBT (or P-EBT) is a special program that provides benefits for children who normally receive free or reduced price meals at school. This is a benefit that operates like FoodShare — it provides funds on an EBT card, and these funds can only be used for food. These benefits will cover the period March-June.
- Videos: How to apply and use P-EBT – English and Spanish
- Videos: How to use P-EBT at the farmers market – English and Spanish
Fond du Lac County School Meals
- Campbellsport School District
- Chilton School District
- Fond du Lac School District
- North Fond du Lac School District
- Oakfield School District
- Ripon School District
- Rosendale-Brandon School District
- Waupun School District
Back to School during COVID and DPI Food Service Guidance: On June 22, 2020, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) released back to school guidance titled “Education Forward.” Within guidance, there is a link to the “Interim COVID-19 Cafeteria and Food Service Guidance.” DPI laid out 4 different approaches to bringing students back into the classroom this coming fall. Based on these approaches and the nationwide waivers received from the USDA, the School Nutrition Team (SNT) developed interim guidance. In addition, the SNT included a list of statewide waivers to be requested from USDA. This document can be found on the Child Nutrition Program COVID-19 Information webpage under the Back to School Planning drop down menu.
Other Food & Nutrition Resources
- General Food and Nutrition Assistance
- If you need help feeding yourself or your family, you may qualify for FoodShare. Click here for up-to-date information regarding FoodShare during COVID-19.
- Emergency FoodShare Benefits – What you need to know
- More Wisconsin Residents Can Now Qualify for Food Assistance through TEFAP (Temporary Emergency Food Assistance Program
- Fond du Lac Area United Way 211 has information on food resources during COVID-19. Call 211 or Text “COVID19” to 211-211 to access information and resources regarding COVID-19.
The FDL Public Library is posting Food and Housing Resources in paper on their north doors (the Sheboygan Street doors, not the parking lot doors) for people experiencing homelessness and other vulnerable populations. They have public wifi that is available close to the building and we have unlocked our outdoor outlets next to the north door so that people can charge their devices.
- Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) for farmers or ranchers impacted by COVID-19.
- Food Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19
- Food and Nutrition Questions Related to COVID-19
- General: Food Safety & COVID-19
- Food Safety in the Time of COVID-19: Dates on Food Products
- Making Health and Nutrition a Priority During the Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic
- Getting Groceries During Quarantine
- Safe Food Handling with Groceries
- Can I Get COVID from Take Out Food?
- Can I Get Sick from Eating Food with Coronavirus?
- Tips on Handling Fresh Produce During COVID-19
- Growing Fresh Produce During COVID-19
- Best Community Gardening Practices During COVID-19
Other Financial Resources
- General Financial Resources
- Food Budgeting Resources
- Local Grocery Store Information
- Aldi Stores Hours for vulnerable customers: On Tuesdays and Thursdays, ALDI stores will open at 8:30 a.m. and reserve the first hour of business for vulnerable shoppers. This includes senior citizens, expectant mothers and those with underlying health concerns.
- Webster’s Marketplace (Ripon) hours are adjusted to 7 am – 9 pm. They are asking guests to reserve the first hour of business from 7 am – 8 am for the elderly and immuno-compromised guests. Additional options include ordering online or by phone (920-748-5498) for pick- up or delivery.
- Farmers Market Information
Resources for Food Pantries
Keeping Your Food Safe During COVID-19:
- Tips for Keeping Food Fresh at the Pantry
- General Food Safety at the Pantry
- Food Pantry Checklist: Planning for Coronavirus COVID-19
- Food Safety During COVID-19
- Cleaning & Disinfecting the Kitchen in the Time of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Pantry Response & Recommendations
- COVID-19 Prevention Practices for Distributions
- COVID-19 and Safety of Food and Donations
- Informational Posters, Flyers, and Social Media Info
- Nutrition Pantry Program: Food Pantry COVID-19 Response Group
- Food Safety & Coronavirus Resource Page
- Food Safety in the Time of COVID-19: Dates on Food Products
- COVID-19 Resources for Community and Faith-based Organizations (including elderly nutrition programs)
- Packing a Healthy Grab-and-Go Pantry Box
- Farmers Markets During COVID-19 Guidance
- Healthy Food Distribution During Emergencies
- “Prepare Your Pantry for COVID-19“, offered by Kitty Kocol (Wisconsin Department of Health Services, TEFAP) and Stephanie Jung Dorfma (Feeding Wisconsin).
- Who: All TEFAP and non-TEFAP participating food pantries
- When: Weekly on Fridays at 1:00 pm
- How: Join by phone only. Dial 267-930-4000. Meeting ID: 904-416-028 # (when it asks for your participant ID, press “#”)
- Questions can be sent ahead of the call to: DHSTEFAP@dhs.wisconsin.gov.
- The materials have all been posted to Feeding WI. You can access them here: https://www.feedingwi.org/programs/trainings/.
- Briefing on COVID-19 and Food Service by Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and sponsored by the Association of Food and Drug Officials.
- Surface Cleaning & Sanitizing Recorded Webinar by Fight BAC.org
- COVID-19 public health emergency poses threat to food security (press release, 3/26/20)
- https://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/local-news/fondy-food-pantry-open-ready-to-serve-community/ (press release, 4/17/20)
- https://www.fdlreporter.com/story/news/local/action-advertiser/2020/04/22/fond-du-lac-food-pantries-shift-hours-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/3002775001/ (press release, 4/22/20)
- Fond du Lac School District Summer Meals (press release, 6/1/20)