Explore the world through 4-H and expand your horizons! In order to be eligible for awards and/or to receive funding for educational travel experiences through the Fond du Lac County Adult Leaders Association, you must turn in a complete application by September 15th and interview in late September. Applying for funding does not guarantee you a spot on the educational travel experience. Also, any 4-H member can register for an educational travel experience, regardless if they’ve received partial funding or not.
- Educational Travel Experience & Key Award Application 2021 – Due Sept. 15 (Word, 6 pgs)
- Educational Travel Experiences 2021 information sheet – (PDF, 5 pgs)
- Reporting Back form (Word)
- Planning for a Successful Interview – (PDF, 4 pgs)
- Interview Feedback Form (PDF, 2 pgs)
- New Horizons Experience
- International 4-H Travel Opportunities
Over 400 youth attend this four-day educational event in Madison each summer. Participants take part in seminars and assemblies and meet people from across Wisconsin.
- Grades 7-10
- Approx. cost is $300
40 youth from neighboring counties participate in this nine day experience where they are immersed into America’s history in the eastern states.
- Grades 8-10
- Approx. cost is $1,400
This week long event focuses on educating youth on citizenship while visiting many sites of interest in our nation’s capitol.
- Grades 10-12 or age 15 by date of trip
- Approx. cost is $1,480
Delegates participate in self development seminars, tours, and a service project, while exchanging ideas with youth from across the nation.
- Grades 10-12
- Approx. cost is $1,550
Six youth are selected from WI to attend this working conference held at National 4-H Center. Each participant selects and issue and works with other youth from across the country to develop plans to help direct future 4-H programming
- Grades 10-12
- 1 delegate selected from the county must go through final selection at state level
- Approx. cost is $1,300 (WI 4-H Foundation & Fond du Lac County 4-H Adult Leader Ass”n. sponsor part of the cost)
- 2018 Press Release – National 4-H Conference
This seven-day trip emphasizes community service learning, leadership development, and understanding others from a different part of the country.
- Grades 8-12
- 6 youth minimum and 18 youth maximum are selected from Fond du Lac County
- Cost determined by location selected
New Horizons Impact Report – (PDF, 5 pgs)
New Horizons Timeline & Responsibilities (PDF)
New Horizons Planning Committee/Adult Advisor Description (PDF)