If you are interested in growing your own fresh garden produce but don’t have the space where you live, contact Patty Percy, Community Garden coordinator at Extension Fond du Lac County, at 920-929-3172 or email@example.com. For more information go to: https://fonddulac.extension.wisc.edu/hort/fdlgarden/. Rental fees for the entire 2023 season are:
- 20’x20′ plot – $30.00
- 20’x40′ plot – $45.00
- 20’x80′ plot – $75.00
The Community Gardens are located on the corner of Grove Street and Pioneer Road (East Frontage Road).
What you receive with the purchase of your garden plot:
- The county provides the land to rent, liability insurance, and water, which is made available throughout the summer.
- Upgraded water lines are maintained.
- Grass borders are mowed to prevent rodent habitat.
- A Port-a-Potty is provided for your convenience.
- Free garden seeds, teaching materials, and advice is provided from mentors in our newsletters.
- The garden is tilled in the fall and early spring as soil conditions allow.
- The plots get measured, marked, and monitored.
- You get lots of fresh garden produce.