As you may be aware, Extension along with the UW-Madison community and our county have been keeping a close eye on developments around the novel coronavirus COVID-19. Due to the possibility and risk of infection, we are requiring our volunteer clubs and associations to cancel or postpone upcoming events that:
- Expect to draw more than 50 people;
- Is being held at the UWO- Fond du Lac Campus (this is ANY event scheduled to be at the campus, no matter size);
- Smaller events should be reconsidered if they draw participants from multiple counties; or
- Include participants from an older population, those with compromised immune systems, or those who come into close contact with older populations
Please note that at this time, these events have been postponed/canceled (As of Noon 3/13/2020):
- ArtBeat! 2020 (originally set for March 13-15) has been postponed. If you were scheduled to attend, please keep an eye on your email for updates on potential new dates.
- Space Camp 2020 (originally set for April 16-20) has been postponed, and the orientation/planning weekend set for March 28-29 has been canceled. If you were scheduled to attend Space Camp this year, please keep an eye on your email regarding plans for postponement.
- Dairy Quiz Bowl (originally set for April 4) has been canceled.
- Fond du Lac County All Staff Camp Training (Originally Set for March 21) will be postponed and tentatively rescheduled for May 16th.
- Creative Arts Festival (Originally Set for March 28)- held virtually with more details to come!
- Super Craft Saturday (originally set for April 4) has been canceled.
- Fond du Lac County 4-H Basketball Tournament (originally set for April 4) has been canceled. Please contact the office for deposits and team registration fees.
- Market Livestock Project Orientation Meeting (originally set for Mar 16) has been canceled. Details will be forthcoming regarding the distribution of market swine, market goats, and market lamb ear tags for the sale. http://yqca.org. At this point we may have a May YQCA face-to-face training; a date has not been determined and will be shared when available.
- Rent Smart Classes – Have been canceled.
- Youth Tractor Safety Training & Certification (originally set for March 14, 21, 28, and April 4) has been canceled.
- Money Smart Week (Originally set for April 4 – 11) All events including those at the library are canceled and will be rescheduled.
- Click here for a list of more cancellations.
We encourage you to reach out directly to program/event leaders regarding upcoming state and/or county-sponsored events not listed for further clarification on event cancellation/rescheduling status.
Please review the following links for more information on the COVID-19 Virus: